— Automatons! From Ovid to AI
This lecture series, which ran from January 10th to April 24, 2018, was co-organized by Gord McOuat (King’s College) and Teresa Heffernan (Saint Mary’s University), with funding from King’s, Dalhousie and Saint Mary’s universities.
- Imagining Automatons – Dr. Teresa Heffernan (Jan 17 @ U. of King’s College)
2. Ancient Automatons – Courtney Ann Roby (Jan 25, 2018 @ U. of King’s College)
3. Artificial Intelligence: Successes & Challenges – Dr. Stan Matwin and Dr. Teresa Heffernan (Feb 14 @ U. of King’s College)
Part 1. Stan Matwin
Part 2. Teresa Heffernan
4. Imagined Puppet Life – Dr. Dawn Brandes (Feb 28 @ U. of King’s College)
5. Asian Robots & Orientalism – Dr. Simon Kow (Mar 7 @ U. of King’s College)
Video not available
6. War in the Age of Intelligent Machines – Dr. Noel Sharkey and Dr. Duncan McIntosh (Mar 21 @ Saint Mary’s University)
7. Unmaking People: The Politics of Negation from Frankenstein to Westworld – Dr. Despina Kakoudaki (Mar 29 @ U. of King’s College)
8. Making Up Minds: Thinking With, About and For Humans – Dr. Stephanie Dick (Apr 4 @ U. of King’s College)
For more information on this series click here.